Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Teeth teeth and more teeth

I got a job. I had been looking for quite a while and was getting very discouraged with the whole situation. The school district had two gears-slow and ubber slow. Things were not coming together quickly at all and everytime I made the trek down to the main office to physically talk to them instead of the a phone call I was told all the information I had recieved on the phone was incorrect! WHAT?? Inconsistency is so wrong. So after a few hard blows to the my optimism I decide I would try teeth once again. Don't get me wrong I love teeth, they are fascinating to me plus I am comfortable with them and all their oddities. After I had a few interesting interviews--none of which I felt very good about, mainlt because they all grilled me about DII and what happens there. If they only knew the truth I think the bubble DII lives in would burst! My first instinct was to call some of the specialists Dad had referred to for so many years but I didn't want to ride on the coat tails of my dad, stupid I know, networking is the way we all help one another make it through this life. On a whim I called a dentist to see if he was hiring and he was, he got my name and number and told me he would be in contact in a few weeks. I continued to look and had got a work interview with an office literally two minutes from my home. The day was long and hectic not to mention the dentist was sooooooo sloooooooooww. Three hours for a crown prep---come on! The whole day I thought about how wonderful my job at SVFD was and how I missed the atmosphere there and the patients ,co-workers and especially the boss. At the end of the day I was offered a position there. I felt good about the situation especially since I had recieved a message from the specialist stating he hadn't hired anyone yet and that change was going to happen he just wan't sure when. SO thinking the intial job with specialist was not going to happen any time soon I took the job with Lake Mead Dental and had my second day there today. BUT guess who called while at work today the specialist with a job offer ! What am I going to do? I can't get a job to save my life for three months and nowI have two sitting in my lap, each with pros and cons! I have about 12 hours to make a decision and not a whole lot of clarity as to what I should do---Sugesstions anyone?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Write out the pros and cons. Which job gives you better pay, environment, a challenge, hours that work best for your family, compatible boss, co-workers--just a few criteria. And pray about it---you'll know what to do. I trust your decision & know you will do so well--- and I am so happy you found 2 jobs! Way to go Jammers!

Julie Anderson said...

Job-Good:)

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
---Walt Disney

Odec08

Odec08
Owen's First Christmas