Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Gym Adventures


Hello all! While at the gym last night, enjoying the mix of biggest loser and housewives of orange county on my personal TV, I was reminded of my pre-pregnancy days and I got a little sad. The man next to me was easily in his early seventies and running at a about a 9minute mile, not a fast pace but pushing it just a bit. I got a bit of my competitive juices flowing and thought I can do that and then proceeded to pump my arms and legs on the elliptical as fast as I could. What was a thinking, I just about fell off the machine, not to mention make my face as red as a beet! Plain stupidity I think came over me. I do miss running but I can wait. So I think I will just try to pay more attention to the TV shows and not the fellow exercisers around me at the gym today, and I am going to try walking at a brisk pace (that word "Brisk" always makes me laugh) Here's a little gem of a picture to inspire us all "to take a turn" thank you Jane Austen for those words

6 comments:

Cari said...

Bosty will take a turn with you Jam anyday! No worries when lil David comes we can go running together with our jog strollers. and you'll bet me as usual.

Danalin said...

Did you read about my Turkey Trot experience? I thought I was doing so well...I didn't run super fast and I felt great the whole time I was running. But for the rest of the day I was worried that I had put myself into pre-term labor! I had contractions and cramping off and on the rest of the day. We sacrifice a lot for these babes, to be sure, but oh man is it worth it! You'll be running again in no time. And I am just impressed that you are still being a faithful gym-goer. Go Jamie! I'm an occasional elliptical user. :) Can you believe how close we're getting?!

Mands Glenn said...

Jogging strollers are a must! CRAIGSLIST.com baby. You go girl for still working out while you are "With Child." I always think of the little baby inside just loving the motions and blood flowing. Jam, can you email me your home address? I want to send off Christmas Cards. I want Cari's too. We have become blogging buddies! Miss ya!
jominagirl@hotmail.com

Cari said...

JAMMMMIE please blog more and do pics... come on girl!!! or the closet has your name on it!!!

Mk said...

jammy. cuidado. Remeber your figure is best displayed when taking a turn about the room. Stand up strait.

Kelly said...

The old man probably pushed you.
I bet you could have taken him.

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
---Walt Disney

Odec08

Odec08
Owen's First Christmas