Saturday, March 29, 2008

Moving on up or out or at least somewhere at bit more quiet





Hello all it is 80 degrees and sunny here I love spring in Las Vegas--all two weeks of it! Happy Saturday! This morning Owen and I were enjoying a little nap when a fire engine woke us both up. Now for those who don't know we live across the street from Bettye Wilson soccer fields and practically every weekend there is a tournament so I though that was where the fire engine was headed but no I was wrong. They parked it right outside our apartment to put out a truck that had caught on fire. The truck was not old or beat up, its a really nice truck now completely ruined from an electrical fire. From what I could hear--(the fireman was writing down the owner's statement literally five feet from our little patio)--the cabin started to fill with smoke when he activated his alarm system and engulfed the entire cabin in minutes. Owen fell back asleep within minutes so he missed all the craziness.


The Las Vegas fire department did a great job---I tried to take a picture of the dice on the fire engine but couldn't focus the camera enough and hold my little man, where else is the world do you see dice on a fire engine, viva las vegas! Oh another elvis song comes to mind--- only in the ghettoooo( we really don't live in the ghetto I just like that song and it makes me laugh and think of Liz Harris singing along)I have also posted my favorite picture of Owen to date, as well as a one of him in a little overalls outfit that drowned him but he sure looks like a dumpling in it!
PS we are going to find out about dates tomorrow for Owen's blessing, we will let everyone know when

6 comments:

carolina said...

well i am the first in post a comment: im sorry for my "spanglish", but i try to write some word to the little owen especially jeje..he is so beautiful and pure, he is growing up very soon and i think that he is very "parecido" to you. I hope that you can make post more information every day about the baby because is the only way that i can know about him, i hope to you can talk about your married and show some a picture because i dont have nothing about that day..but if you have a time of course because i understand the first month with a baby jeje..i love you lots and i missed you but im soy glade to my heavenly father that he blessed you because "te lo mereces" because you are a great and beautiful person que my heavenly father i had the chance to know and i learn how must be live a daughter of him...i love lots, kisses for the baby y say hi to your husband...your friend chilenita jeje carolina astorga

Kelly said...

What a cute little man! Those naps are important-- I have no babies but I could use one about now.

Kelly said...

A NAP . . . not a baby.
Thank you very much.

Emily said...

I love the Las Vegas firemen! Sophomore year my friends and I were making a scrapbook for the book Farenheight 451 and we went to the fire station and they gave us a full tour and let us try on their fire suits and sit in the fire truck. We pretty much fell in love with them and we would always get excited when we saw them.... Especially at the gym.haha

p.s. Little Owen is too cute!

Unknown said...

Just practice for when Daddy brings his "work" home with him! What a dumplin that little boy is! I can't wait to see him--9 days & counting. P.S. Benadryl, Zyrtec or Claritin are all safe for you and Owen Love, Katie

Jordan & Heather Wong said...

Brett ur little baby is soo cute!! congrats!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
---Walt Disney

Odec08

Odec08
Owen's First Christmas