Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Election 2008





Yesterday morning Owen and I took a detour in our daily jog and headed over to the closest early polling site. We are trying to take advantage of the beautiful October weather and perform our duty as an American at the same time. Seems we weren't the only ones with that idea. We live close to a Sun city retirement community and four little white haired ladies on their morning walk were right in front of us in line. I was surprised to see a line of about 40 people and I honestly felt bad for the little ladies standing in the sun for over a half and hour. Owen sat in his stroller turning his play wheel and talking to anyone that would listen. As we were standing in line I started to wonder who the other people in line would be voting for and why? What issues concerned them most and who had said what they wanted to hear? For me I am concerned about an international relations policy and family values, Owen was just happy to outside and get some attention. After getting our "I voted" sticker we headed home. I felt a sense of accomplishment and relief just knowing only few more days of Dina Titus and Shelly Berkley Tv ads---ohhhhh man will that be great or what! Happy Voting to all!


7 comments:

Cari said...

I'm DIIIINA TITUUUUS and I will change Washington. I can't stand her!!! I can't wait for them to be over too.

Emily said...

I love little Owie's teeth! I get to vote tomorrow and I can't wait. I feel so grown up. haha

KACEE said...

Everytime I see a picture of your little boy, I just want to sqeeze his cheeks all day long!!!! What a CUTIE!!!!

Julie Anderson said...

I think it is more like Deeennna Taaxuuus! I voted for Porter--but don't really like either.

Mk said...

Owie looks so patriotic! He should run for Sherriff.

Unknown said...

Train them up early!!! Pretty blog background--Love you.

Unknown said...

I almost miss old Dina---Nevada politics are always interesting!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
---Walt Disney

Odec08

Odec08
Owen's First Christmas