Saturday, September 12, 2009

Today went by so quickly, before I had a chance to breathe it was already 630 and my Owen was asking for a "BITEEE",(aka a meal, snack or whatever you may have in your hand) I got a good majority of my errands done and we stayed quiet enough for Brett to sleep. He has a tough Friday-Saturday schedule.I work every other Friday now and so Brett has Owen bright and early Friday morning as he walks in from work and I leave for work, his brother and mom help out a ton but I know he is sleep deprived. SO when I get home Friday night Brett gets a little nap and then heads off to work again and on Saturday mornings goes from work to a 6 hour long class. He is training with full gear and a breathing apparatus that I know weighs at least 40 lbs+, in the lovely hot LV weather and today after his first class he brought home all that gear. Owen loves it, I am still trying to find a place for it, under the table perhaps? I am in amazement at his ability to keep going with a smile, he showed me how the gear works and how quickly he has to learn to put everything on(under 2minutes) and I got a little emotional about it. I guess I hadn't really thought the whole "my husband is a fireman" all the way through. I know this is what he wants to do and to see his excitement and enthusiasm today I have to be his support, he deserves it and I love him. So as long as my days may be I know they are never going to be as long as his are and I am tough and I can handle this will be good for me. The First Presdiency message this month in the Liahona is just wonderful, here's a little something to think about:

As you live up to this mission, in whatever life circumstance you find yourself—as a wife, as a mother, as a single mother, as a divorced woman, as a widowed or a single woman—the Lord our God will open up responsibilities and blessings far beyond your ability to imagine. May I invite you to rise to the great potential within you. But don’t reach beyond your capacity. Don’t set goals beyond your capacity to achieve. Don’t feel guilty or dwell on thoughts of failure. Don’t compare yourself with others. Do the best you can, and the Lord will provide the rest. Have faith and confidence in Him, and you will see miracles happen in your life and the lives of your loved ones. The virtue of your own life will be a light to those who sit in darkness, because you are a living witness of the fulness of the gospel (see D&C 45:28). Wherever you have been planted on this beautiful but often troubled earth of ours, you can be the one to “succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees” (D&C 81:5).

Bring on Monday!

5 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

Sweet Post Jam! We went to the fire station this past week with LIlly's playgroup and the kids loved the firemen. He will do great! What a great job!

Anonymous said...

Jamie-you are AWESOME!

Mk said...

that was niiiice jammy...now you know where to go...

Emily said...

miss your face :(

Unknown said...

Love you Jaym----you make me tear up and smile in one post! Thanks :)

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
---Walt Disney

Odec08

Odec08
Owen's First Christmas