The last two weeks Owen has had two run-ins with Santa, neither of which were very successful, the last was at the Venetian/Palazzo Christmas Party for the kids. It was actually really well done, with bouncy slides, carnival games, and a ton of food. Part of the festivities were to go and see Santa and get a 5 by 7 photo with him. Owen kicked and yelled soon as we headed towards the Jolly old man. I managed to get Owen to sit on my lap next to Santa for the photo, not smiling, but not crying. The first encounter was with Grandma at her Primary Christmas Party. As you can see Owen refused to sit with Santa, and cried histerically. I don't know what it is about Santa but Owen just wouldnt go to him. Owen talks about him all the time and knows that Santa is bringing him presents. I thought after seeing him love all of the characters at Disney Land that he would just be thrilled with Santa this year...nope.
Owen finally calmed down enough to take his Candy Cane and bag of M&M's, he walked away and with a quick look back said to Santa with his eyes "I respect what you do, I just dont like you."
So last night when we were getting ready to make our annual trip to the Magical Forest, I asked Owen if he was ready to go see Santa? Owen with shoes in hand said "no" and ran to put his shoes way. If that was where we were going, he didn't want any of it. I had to tell Owen about the train, the Carousel, and all the lights, before convincing him it would be okay.
I have to say I love the Magical Forest, what I love most is the smell. I think its the funnel cake mixed with popcorn, mixed with hot chocolate, mixed with the cold brisk air. It brings back so many memories for me volunteering at the Magical Forest. There were many a Christmas Seasons that Chad and I spent almost everynight that they were open going there and dressing up in their animal costumes and running around all night.
I also do have to say that I like the old Magical Forest better, back when the trail was made with bails of hay, there was no inside food court, all of the singers were outside, the train path changed every year, there was no gift shop, it was a group little cottage houses that you bought all of your goodies and snacks from.
Where ever you are and whatever your doing, we hope you are having a very Merry Christmas!



4 comments:
He is getting so big. I love the new family pic and I love your red nails, Saucy Mama. My girls hate Santa too. DOn't know too many kids that like him!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Merry Christmas, pretty lady! I think those jolly old elves get paid well to compensate for the tearful/fearful children they smile at throughout the season (my Kelly being one of them). I do miss the Magical Forest. Thanks for all of these pictures of your CUTE little man! Love you.
Merry Christmas little O! lots of fun at the Magical Forest. Wish we could have gone too.
Great photos---I love the family shot! You all look great. Don't worry about the Santa anxiety--a big hairy old guy who wants to have you sit on his lap--maybe we should all be a little scared of him! Happy Christmas Owie, Jammers and Brett-Brett! I love the smell of a cooking funnel cake too!
Post a Comment