During Owen's Birthday week our little family spent way too much time in doctors' offices, emergency rooms and hospitals. Owen had bronchitis and now has his very own neubulizer and Brett had to have surgery, after going to the ER to find out he has a kidney stone. After all was said and done Owen is back to himself. Within 12 hours of his new prescriptions he was sleeping, breathing and had his appetite back. Brett is sheduled for his second surgery to zap the kidney stones on Wednesday and then we'll go from there.
Before all the chaos started we had planned to head down to Disneyland for a day and use our "give a day get a day" tickets. I was planning on postponing the trip but Brett said "nope I'll be fine" and "we'll just take it easy."Inside I was jumping for joy, so we packed up and headed to California along with half of Las Vegas. What usually takes 4 maybe 4 1/2 hours with a pit stop was prolonged to a 6 1/2 hour long creep down the highway at 20 miles an hour. Owen was so patient for the first 3-4 hours(knowing he was going to Disneyland), but even he asked to "go to his home" around the 5th hour. We made it to the hotel in one piece and after realizing we had left the memory card to the camera in the computer, we hit up target for water, some bites & a new memory card. With full stomachs we all fell soundly asleep...for a little bit! I was so excited I could hardly sleep and woke up long before our alarm went off. I love Disneyland, and taking our little boy was a wonderful experience. We got to the park early and went straight to Fantasyland. Within the first hour we had riden dumbo, peter pan, casey junior and storybook boats. The whole day was magical and Owen was so excited for everything. He woke up from a nap right before the parade and while giving his Mickey Mouse ballon a big hug or wrestling it( not sure which) the ballon came off the string and floated away. The poor little guy cried and cried and now whenever he sees mickey mouse he tells me "mama my ballon fly far away". I think he was traumatized. Toward the end of the day we went on Pirates and while walking out we saw a small group coming through the exit, it was Christian Bale and his family, Batman himself. Owen was such a doll when he met Mickey. He went right to him gave him kisses and loves and a few sweet smiles for pictures.I think he really enjoyed Disneyland as did Brett and I. We were all happy,tired and full of that yummy popcorn,so we headed home to real life. Owen tells me on a daily basis that he would like to "fly away to disneyland", me too my love,my too!
Monday, April 5, 2010
End of March
Posted by
Jamie Claire
at
4:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
---Walt Disney
---Walt Disney
Odec08
Owen's First Christmas
Blog Archive
- February 2013 (1)
- June 2011 (1)
- February 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (2)
- November 2010 (2)
- October 2010 (2)
- September 2010 (1)
- August 2010 (1)
- July 2010 (2)
- June 2010 (2)
- May 2010 (2)
- April 2010 (1)
- March 2010 (2)
- February 2010 (1)
- January 2010 (2)
- December 2009 (1)
- November 2009 (1)
- October 2009 (2)
- September 2009 (4)
- August 2009 (2)
- July 2009 (2)
- June 2009 (5)
- May 2009 (5)
- March 2009 (1)
- February 2009 (2)
- January 2009 (3)
- December 2008 (3)
- November 2008 (5)
- October 2008 (4)
- September 2008 (4)
- August 2008 (7)
- July 2008 (4)
- June 2008 (7)
- May 2008 (4)
- April 2008 (4)
- March 2008 (5)
- February 2008 (5)
- January 2008 (3)
- December 2007 (3)
- November 2007 (2)
- October 2007 (6)
- September 2007 (3)
- August 2007 (2)
- July 2007 (5)



4 comments:
oOh I love that sweet little Owen. So happy you had a wonderful day at the DisneyWONDER land! We love you three and are happy that you are on the mend.
Oh my gosh if we were there on the same day I will scream. I was for sure you weren't going, because of all of your hospital visits that I didn't even bother to ask you. We missed eachother and could have been there on the same day. It was magical for us and I totally woke up before our alarm too. I think it is so worth it to get there right when the park opens to run onto rides. Your little guy looked like he was in heaven! What day did you go and where did you stay?
That was a fun trip after a couple weeks of yuck! So glad you could go. Disneyland is wonderful--we would love to go with guys next years--maybe then I can get my boys to stay in Fantasy Land longer than 5 sec. So glad Brett is better--he's tough.
Oh, that first picture made me so sad...thanks for ending the post with pictures from the happiest place on earth! :) I'm glad that you still got to have such a great vacation with your adorable family!
Post a Comment